4-bar plug works like a 3-bar plug for the X-Fi Soundblaster ;)
Skybuck Flying
2009-12-19 14:14:58 UTC
Hello,

Today I bought an extra video/audio cable for the X-Fi Soundblaster <->
Denon AVR 1909 Receiver to resolve a remaining cabling issue...

Today I also connected it... at first I was worried that I bought the wrong
cable... but then I took a closer look and I noticed it probably doesn't
matter if it's a 3-bar or a 4-bar plug !

And I was right/correct ! It doesn't matter... the X-Fi Soundblaster accepts
a 4-bar plug in it's 3-bar output hole ! And it will play sound through the
left/right speakers just fine ! Me glad about that... because it was one
fricking expensive cable ! 13 bucks ! just for a cable ! Gjez ! ;)

The denon receiver and x-fi soundblaster now only have 1 un-used output
plug... which makes me feel a bit better ?!? ;) Hmmm but not really... maybe
the previous situation was actually better...

Because now the output plug is touching the wood... and there is an actual
un-used input going into my pc... so who knows.. maybe electricity could get
in there... but I think not... I hope not... I wanna get rid of messie
cables... so I think this ultimately a little bit better solution... but
maybe also a little bit more risky ?!

Well anyway I took some pictures of the new situation and added them to my
skydrive for you people to enjoy or horror at ;) :)

http://cid-aedd0ea32d61bc86.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Hardware/Denon%20AVR%201909%5EJ%207.1%20Surround%20Sound%20Receiver?uc=4&lc=1033

It looks nice... but is it really ? Looks can be deceiving... oh well...
Scratch one messy cable ! ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

P.S.: If my computer does blow up because of the additional RCA output plug
I will let you guys know for sure ! ;) :) As usual ! LOL =D
Skybuck Flying
2009-12-19 14:21:16 UTC
Actually the cable plug slid off the wooden table... and is now hanging in
the air ! ;) :)

That must have been the sound I heard... I was like wtf was that... was that
my X-Fi crackling ? LOL.

But nope... it was the cable plug falling down... it's ok... I like it the
way it is now... it's hanging in the air... should be good.

I am not gonna take a new picture of it... just imagine it ! LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck ;) =D
unknown
2009-12-19 16:35:19 UTC
Post by Skybuck Flying
Hello,
Zeg eens, lul de behanger, heb je nou nog niet geleerd om niet in het
Engels naar niet Engelstalige nieuwsgroepen te posten? Je hebt wel een
ongelooflijk bord voor je kop hè? Mag jij van je psychiater überhaupt
wel op usenet posten? Oh ja, dat je het even weet, iedereen heeft het
helemaal gehad met je, dus: PLOINK!
--
groeten,
____________________________Jim©
~ OP's met een chronisch gebrek aan humor, filter ik óók ~
Hans
2010-01-01 11:18:55 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by Skybuck Flying
Hello,
Zeg eens, lul de behanger, heb je nou nog niet geleerd om niet in het
Engels naar niet Engelstalige nieuwsgroepen te posten? Je hebt wel een
ongelooflijk bord voor je kop hè? Mag jij van je psychiater überhaupt wel
op usenet posten? Oh ja, dat je het even weet, iedereen heeft het helemaal
gehad met je, dus: PLOINK!
--
groeten,
~ OP's met een chronisch gebrek aan humor, filter ik óók ~
Nou ja engels, met een beetje fantasie misschien lijkt meer op koeterwaals.

Lol (Fun)